Monday, January 12, 2009
















Are ya ready?? Are ya sure you're ready? Cause---after FIVE months---I am updating my blog!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOO!!

Where DOES the time go?? And where do I start??? Well, first of all, I no longer live in Summerville, South Carolina. I now live in beautiful Alpena, Michigan. Nestled away in a little corner of Northeast Michigan on the shores of Lake Huron. I moved back home at the end of August and am now living with my daughter until I find my own place.

I travled back down to Summerville to spend Christmas with youngest daughter and my sweet grandchildren. I had an awesome time and Santa was very good to everyone. Don't you think Jameson makes a cute "Santa's Helper"? Oh, and that's my grandson, Cohen, putting out his magic reindeer food on Christmas eve so the reindeer will find his house. Can't take any chances, ya know!. I LOVE the photo of the three grandkids with Santa! First time we've had all three together in a while as oldest grandson lives with his dad in Colorado.

So, here it is---the New Year and I am EXCITED!! I have such positive vibes about this year! It's going to be an exiciting ride!

I think the most exciting thing that happened to me in 2008 was my Emmaus Walk. I took mine on October 5th. I have been wanting to do my walk for the last 3 years but life just seemed to get in the way. Oh--what is an Emmaus Walk? It is a very spirit filled weekend with about 25 other ladies. It's usually held at a church. Mine was at a church about 2 hours away from my home. Believe me when I tell you that we are secluded! No phones, I-pods, tv's, radios, no connection to the outside world for 3 days!! They even cover up all the doors and windows! Oh, and NO WATCHES! So you have no idea what time it is, even if it is day or night, dark or light outside. I can't tell what happens, as there may be someone reading this that is planning to take their Emmaus Walk. It is open to all churches. Don't want to spoil any wonderful surprises---and believe me---it is WONDERFUL!! Let's just say---it sure changed me!!!!

The saddest part of 2008 was having to say goodbye to my beloved Misty. I still miss her so much. If you are new to my blog, you can read her story back in my July post.



Oh, and my 12 year old grandson is now at military school. Not sure how I feel about it but he loves it! Check out the layout I did about it. He's SOOO little to be in that uniform!

So---here I am----looking forward to a wonderful year---especially the fact that I will be turning 70!! Can you believe it? I feel about 40!

Oh----before I go, just wanted to fill you in on a great online crop starting this coming Friday and running for a whole week! Check it out over at http://www.scrapadilly.com/ then come and join the fun. There is always a great grand prize and then lots of little raks throughout the week--lots of games and FUN FUN FUN!!! Oh, be sure to tell them--Nancy sent you! See ya there!!!

Bye for now!

2 comments:

Drea said...

Looks like you inserted that tag just fine!!

Great update on your life!

I love that you had a Emmaus Walk! Those are great!! Makes you really get to the CORE of yourself!

Adriann said...

I never heard of an Emmaus Walk. It definitely makes me want to find out more.